For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1255 results found

1. I love the new Job Manager view where you can hide or show columns as you need. I would LOVE a column for comments. For example say a job is waiting for a client to send a particular document I'd love to be able to add that in that view. Or maybe that field could show the latest note made in that job. It woudl save us having to click into the job to see what was holding it up.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Need a placeholder for title (Mr/Ms etc) for cover letters. It should be an easy implementation, as tax returns should already have that as a label. We need it for the address section of the cover letter.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A quick individual tax calculator - just requires taxable income and PAYG to be entered - and the tax, offsets and medicare is auto calculated. Tick box for resident, tax free threshold and private health.

Handisoft has a tax calculator that does this - the estimated tax is calculated in 10 seconds. Much better and quicker than the ATO's calculators (and the ATO doesn't do current year - only prior).

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently we can update a clients physical/postal address and then update all those relevant in the group using the pop up 'Update relevant client addresses'. It would be so helpful and save time to be able to do this for the EMAIL address of a client.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a UK accountancy practice based in in Northern Ireland, it would be great if our Regulatory Body, Chartered Accountants Ireland was available for us to choose as an out of the box Accountants Report. This would then allow us to use this for Company Accounts and then to use the 'default report' option for Sole Traders, who require a different type of Accountants Report.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Xero workpaper functionality that allows clients to submit their query responses against a specific line item, rather than the paper tab. Currently, it is difficult to determine which account the supporting document is for.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Workpapers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You can only select one photo at a time from your phone to upload to Hubdoc via the mobile app. It would be nice to be able to select multiple photos of receipts to upload at once.

It makes such a difference for customers who travel and take pictures of receipts - It takes up too much time for them to have to individually upload them to the app - so then they don't do it, and I have to chase - so I'd love to see this feature in the mobile app itself.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It isn't possible to add a quantity column to a report, nor is it possible to pull through Qty data entered in Xero or create a cell the Qty can be manually typed into.

You can add a note column but this would be to link to a section of the report pack, not a quantity loaded into Xero or a box we could manually type the quantity into. Further the notes section functionality is unable to be renamed and can only be linked to other reports in the report pack. It does not work to bring through Qty data.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are some cases where banks do not have feeds available and the items posted as received or paid from these banks must be reconciled on an individual basis which takes a lot of time!
    We need a reconcile all or a tick box system down the left hand side to be speed this reconciliation process up. I have many clients with these manual banks and it's extremely time consuming marking everything individually as reconciled.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to build a client report that shows the XPM client name but then also shows their Connected Xero organsiation (as this is often different to the XPM name).

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We have noticed an error, where, when managed fund distributions are prefilled from the ATO, a zero is put in the Item 24 - Other Income

This causes an error for each managed fund prefill that needs to be manually fixed by going in and deleting that entry in the schedule.

I just recently had a client with 15+ managed fund imports (owned jointly with his wife, so same issue on her side) which meant I had to waste quite a bit of time going into each schedule, only to delete the zero at the bottom.

If you could arrange…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we have the ability to search for a transaction , by amount , payee or description across all bank accounts. Rather than having to go into each bank account and sort dates etc and than search. Having the option to choose all bank accounts, rather than an individual bank account would be awesome.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, I wanted to share that the recent updates for the Reconcile page have now been released to all users. This includes a search bar at the top of the page and includes filters for date range and amount. This provides the ability to look up criteria of your statement lines and narrow down your search. 

You'll also find you can now view more statement lines per page, with up to 50 at a time - You'll find more on this and other updates shared on our blog. 

We appreciate the ask on this idea is a search across all statement lines, across all bank accounts. I want to confirm this is not something we have plans for developing at this stage, and I'll move this idea back to 'submitted' so we can continue to track and update you if there is any progress of this, here. 

13. Sometimes we enter a receive money as spend money in error. It would be nice if you could "recode" it or toggle it back and forth.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Per the attached screenshots, it would significantly increase efficiency to be able to use quick keyboard shortcuts when entering timesheets. Specifically the + and SAVE buttons, as almost everything else can be entered using the keyboard alone.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto journaling corp tax and locking the accounts after the accoounts have been filed through Xero

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We need the ability to copy report layouts from one report type to another. For example I have customised my P&L report by grouping accounts under headings. It would be good to be able to copy the same layout to budgets etc without having to spend time customising the budget report to match.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Practice Admin have the ability to remove themselves if they have been invite into a potential clients org without manage users.

Potential clients that decide to not go ahead with a Practice but done remove the PA from the org, PA should have the ability to remove themselves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the timesheets window, a button which takes you back to todays timesheet.

I often have to scroll back, and prepare prior period timesheets, and so it would be handy to have a "today" button, which will automatically return you to the current days timesheet - rather than having to scroll forward (similar to handisoft practice manager).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I feel like a dedicated feedback board would be useful. As I don't feel there is currently an appropriate place to give feedback and notify support of things that are not working properly.
    For example, I have the new GST returns to trial and there was an actual feedback box in Xero. Where i gave the feedback that i liked the new features but not the look. Now the feedback box is gone and I have just noticed that it tells you that there are unreconciled lines to code. But, they are for the next GST period. Plus the old…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dylan, appreciate the feedback here. Sometimes when developing a feature in Xero teams will offer a feedback box as you noted. This is usually a temporary channel where the teams can take your feedback to consider directly in time with the work they're doing.

There are other channels like Discussions, raising a case with our Xero Support team or sharing through Product Ideas which are always on feedback channels. While our teams in these spaces will do their best to help provide solutions to your needs, feedback you give is also shared back to the appropriate teams and places in Xero to consider in their development.

From the sounds of your idea here around GST, you'd like the message for unreconciled lines to code to only appear if the lines are dated with in the period of the return? 

20. Merge contacts (not clients) in XPM? I seem to have lots of duplicates but I don't want to just delete the ones with no jobs/invoices attached to them incase they are linked elsewhere. Is there a way to merge them? All the searches I have done only talk abut merging clients.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?