For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1255 results found

1. AUDIT CHECK FOR DIVIDENDS RWT AND IMPUTATION CREDITS IS TOO SENSITIVE - IT IS PICKING UP VERY SMALL ROUNDING AND ALERTING.
    Xero needs to allow for the "rounding" to be accepted - maybe expand the parameters. Unless we go into the return and round it up or down (which is a terrible waste of time) then the alert stays there, and we then get the scenario of anybody looking at the return wondering if there is an error and then they go and check - once again - a terrible waste of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would like to be able to use ABN in a custom template for Job Brief, Invoicing, Purchase Orders etc in XPM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In the age of outsourcing, it is impossible to outsource pay run function to an external service provider (especially if they are based overseas) since they can view employee's personal info such as their Tax File Number, Date of Birth, Bank account Details etc.

Once the subscriber or authorized accountant/bookkeeper has created an employee card, they should be able to restrict the access of outsourced partner to just doing the pay run. The outsourced partner should be able to just view the employee name to do the pay run. This feature should restrict their ability to change bank account details…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It will be great to have the feature showing on Invoices with CIS LABOUR AND RETENTION FOR CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With the current basis period reform feature for changing year end, it only allows you to create a long transitional period greater than 12 months. If a previous year end was 30 April and the client is changing to 31 March, the only option is to create a 23 month month period from 1 May 2022 - 31 March 2024. There should be an option to create an 11 month period as the transitional period from 1 May 2023 - 31 March 2024.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We wish to undertake analysis by looking for the data contained in the "TIME PRODUCTIVITY - % Billable v Non-Billable Time - Staff Summary" report on a monthly basis in a tabular format.
    Unfortunately even though this report is called a "Table Report", XPM does not allow for the year to date date range to be entered but then have the data populate in the report on a monthly basis. Such a feature would greatly enhance a practice's capability of keeping an eye on the operational data for service firms like accounting and legal practices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Since Xero does not allow integrations to post JE to the bank feed, but instead works around this by using bills. It would be a lot more seamless especially in the case of payroll (Gusto) to have Xero automatically match the 2 transactions to the bill.

Seems silly in this day and age when the 2 transactions automatically match the bill total we need to do this manually, then split the bill, refresh the page, and then match the remaining balance.

Using other accounting software that uses JE this is a clunky process that could be made a lot better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love to see an option for a unified bank feed.

This would not replace the current bank feed set up where you go into each account and reconcile/code transactions, but for those that want to batch them all together why not have a feed of transactions from all bank accounts and CC without needing to go into each one?

This may not be a fit for all clients, but I know for myself it would save some jumping around when I could just go to one spot and code / reconcile transactions across 4-5 accounts - especially those…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. While in the reconcile screen, when I type in who and it pulls up my contact, I would like it to automatically default to the gl acct that I already have on the Contact card. I have to click on details then go to the gl box click on it to see what the gl acct is. Sometimes lets say Costco it could either by Office Supplies or Auto Expense(gas). So when I type up the Costco contact I would like to see what gl acct it is going to and if I need to change it to Auto Expense…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In the 'Accounts Transactions' report:

• In the Filter, under the 'Account type' could all of the sub account types that are visible when creating an account be added to the filter?

• For instance sometimes I want to send a report of just the cost of sales accounts to a client.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bank reconciliation - would be very helpful to be able to match credit notes and invoices from this screen using find and match when matching bills and bank payments instead of having to either go into the credit note and apply credit or the invoice and use the credit note before reconciling in the bank account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can you perhaps add a management report that shows an option for client branding and not only for the accountant/practice branding?
    For instance the branding shows the colour and logo of the client and then in the right hand corner of the front page of the report you can add the practice logo and prepared by the accountant name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would suggest that Xero should provide direct debits from all your accounts in one report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to specify from a list of practice Xero organisations where to publish XPM invoices, as the practice bills from multiple legal entities.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. At the moment, within XPM staff permissions, there is either full access for managing invoices (view, edit, create and delete invoices), or nothing. Staff should have access to view previous invoices for tax return preparation, but not necessarily the permission to edit, create or delete invoices. Would like more access granularity for this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In Find and recode, be able change the description of multiple transactions. Sometimes you have added one description to lots of bills and it needs to change to a different description for all of them. Currently you have to go into each and every one to change it. Annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Very small little idea - but oh so annyoing - please add the page number jumps to the top of the page as well. The continual scrolling down to go to the next page is very time consuming.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There are some cases where banks do not have feeds available and the items posted as received or paid from these banks must be reconciled on an individual basis which takes a lot of time!
    We need a reconcile all or a tick box system down the left hand side to be speed this reconciliation process up. I have many clients with these manual banks and it's extremely time consuming marking everything individually as reconciled.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be really handy to have a Tax Returns tab when viewing a client group. This would allow you to easily see at a glance the status of a groups tax returns, rather than clicking into each client individually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would like to be able to export data straight from the WIP screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here